Public Health at Wonder Medicine
Public health is the art and science of preventing disease on a population scale. Wonder Medicine believes that public health is the cornerstone of any healthcare system. As such we offer laboratories, immunizations, and diagnostics regarding epidemic problems to both members and non-members alike.
We are offering laboratory and rapid testing for COVID-19. Testing does not require a physician prescription and is available to anyone interested. Our rapid tests have results within 10 minutes. For laboratory testing, Wonder Medicine will call you back as soon as we have the results, typically in 24 to 72 hours. Please note that all of the below tests are the subject of active research. Much remains to be understood about COVID-19 testing and the virus in general. We currently offer RNA, antigen, and antibody testing per below.
● Drive-thru COVID-19 RNA PCR test: This is our most accurate test (95%) and tests for an active infection. If you are traveling, this is the test that most airlines and countries require. Obtaining the lab specimen is easy and requires no needles. It is performed by nasal swab (sticking a cotton swab in your nose to collect mucous). We will test you inside your own vehicle in the parking lot on the west side of the clinic building. We ask that you isolate yourself until we call you back with your results in 24 to 72 hours. $140
● Rapid COVID-19 Antigen test: This tests for an active infection, and will have results within 10 minutes. Note: this test is less accurate than our PCR test and is not recommended for those traveling. $50
● COVID-19 IgM & IgG antibody tests: This laboratory screening test includes the IgM & IgG antibodies. IgM is often the first antibody made by our bodies following infection and typically becomes detectable 10-14 days after exposure. IgG antibodies typically become detectable about 1 month after exposure. Antibody tests require a blood draw. $70
Our online booking has the most up-to-date availability, please click here to schedule. If you are not sure which test is right for you, choose one test at the time of booking and we can discuss your options at the appointment. Payment at the time of service is required. If you schedule an appointment and do not show up, a $20 no-show fee will be charged.
Public health keeps all of us safe from diseases that affect our entire population. Wonder Medicine believes that any laboratories related to public health should be widely available to the public, they should not require a physician prescription, and they should be affordable. While Wonder Medicine members have access to all laboratories at wholesale prices, public health labs are available to all-comers. As new diseases become public health concerns, Wonder will add additional testing as needed.
● Sexually transmitted infections (syphilis, HIV, chlamydia, gonorrhea, and urine pregnancy for females) $150
● Vaccine titers (Hepatitis A and B, varicella, measles, mumps, rubella, tetanus, diphtheria) $205
● Drive-thru COVID-19 RNA PCR test $140
● Rapid COVID-19 Antigen test $50
● COVID-19 IgM & IgG antibody test $70
● COVID-19 IgG Spike antibody test $70
● Hepatitis C ab w/reflex HCV $17
● Zika virus IgM $398
● 12-Drug Panel Urine Drug Screen (AMP, BAR, BUP, BZO, COC, mAMP/MET, MDMA, MOP300, MTD, OXY, PCP, THC (OX, pH, SG)) $50
● Tuberculin TB test $30
● Monkeypox PCR $200
Whitney Bilbao Photo