Long Covid Syndrome (Post – Covid19 Illness)
Updated: Nov 14, 2022
About 10 to 20% of people infected with COVID19 will develop long term symptoms, often lasting weeks, months, and even years. We call this Long COVID syndrome. Both mild and severe COVID19 infection can lead to Long Covid Syndrome.
Long Covid Symptoms
· Joint pain, headaches, and exacerbation of chronic pain
· Breathing problems
· Lack of taste/smell or a distorted sense of smell
· Brain fog and other cognitive impairments
· Anxiety, depression, and other mental health problems
· High heart rate, a vibratory sense in the chest, heart palpitations
· Diabetes and other metabolic problems
· Blood clotting abnormalities
· Inflammation of the heart and other organs
· Menstruation changes and hormone dysregulation
· Skin rashes
· And much more
What is Causing Long Covid
Long Covid is likely caused by a combination of factors including retained viral debris, changes in the host immune system and immune response, as well as damaged tissue from the infection and subsequent immune response. In 2022 we still have a lot to learn about Long Covid
What Should People do about Long Covid
1. Live a healthy lifestyle
2. Improve nutrition and optimize gut health
3. Support the immune system
4. Focus on mitochondrial health
5. Address brain and mental health problems
6. Reduce inflammation
7. Believe it is possible to get better
Wonder Medicine would love to help you tackle your Long Covid symptoms. We want everyone to know, you can get better! But getting better will take work, commitment, and tremendous discipline. Curing Long Covid often requires serious lifestyle and thought pattern changes.
If you are suffering from Long Covid and need primary care, Wonder Medicine would love to help.
If you have Long Covid and would like to try IV infusion therapy, NAD+, or even ketamine therapy (for those with mental health problems), Wonder Medicine would love to help.
You don’t have to live with Long Covid forever. Get some help and start living life again!
Call us at: 208-342-1129
Email us at: firstname.lastname@example.org
Schedule online at: https://wondermedicine.as.me/
· Yin K, Agrawal DK. Vitamin D and inflammatory diseases. J Inflamm Res. 2014;7:69-87. Published 2014 May 29. doi:10.2147/JIR.S63898
· Horne JR, Vohl MC. Biological plausibility for interactions between dietary fat, resveratrol, ACE2, and SARS-CoV illness severity. Am J Physiol Endocrinol Metab. 2020
· Mrityunjaya M, Pavithra V, Neelam R, Janhavi P, Halami PM, Ravindra PV. Immune-Boosting, Antioxidant and Anti-inflammatory Food Supplements Targeting Pathogenesis of COVID-19. Front Immunol. 2020 Oct 7;11:570122. doi: 10.3389/fimmu.2020.570122. PMID: 33117359; PMCID: PMC7575721.
· Crook H, Raza S, Nowell J, Young M, Edison P. Long covid-mechanisms, risk factors, and management. BMJ. 2021 Jul 26;374:n1648. doi: 10.1136/bmj.n1648. Erratum in: BMJ. 2021
· Alkhatib A. Antiviral Functional Foods and Exercise Lifestyle Prevention of Coronavirus. Nutrients. 2020 Aug 28;12(9):2633. doi: 10.3390/nu12092633. PMID: 32872374; PMCID: PMC7551447.
For some, acute COVID19 infection is just the beginning. Long COVID can affect people months and even years after COVID19 infection has resolved.